Materials Manager (f/m)
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 12/7/2017 4:49:34 AM
- Job #: 2819730
- Location(s): Germany; Hürth (near Cologne)
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services, and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at a lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how, and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
As Materials Manager you will demonstrate accountability for functional, business and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop people and processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. As a key player in the supply chain organization you drive results and will have high visibility on the global GE organization.
- Lead a materials planning, purchasing, warehouse and logistic team for a 440 people production plant
- Evaluate production, sales & inventory and drive the materials strategy to meet KPIs; assure inventory and delivery goals are met and drive zero customer disappointments
- Work with vendors and internal scheduling to assure material readiness to meet production schedule
- Assure the continued development and growth of assigned personnel through strong leadership
- Establish structure and liaison with other leaders incl. Production, Engineering, Sourcing, Project Management, Customer Care, Service
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or In-depth experience in inventory management, shop operations, facilitation and production control in a manufacturing environment, production planning, inventory management principles and practices, or materials management disciplines
- Experience in both high-mix, low volume serial production and long-cycle project production
- Very skilled in production control systems and routines, knowledge of the manufacturing process
- Strong SAP knowledge
- Ability to effectively manage changing and conflicting priorities and resolve appropriately
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, compelling analytical ability, capable in growing teams
- Fluent in German and English
- Six Sigma Black Belt is helpful and highly preferred
- APICS certification is a plus
Locations: Germany; Hürth (near Cologne)
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network